The STRONGBOW project has been specifically designed to contribute to research and capacity building in Ethiopian Higher Education Institutes within the fields of natural resource management, tourism and ecotourism.
The project has provided funding for 6 PhD studies and supported up to 50 Master research projects. The main objectives of this project are as follows:
• Formulate and develop multi‐disciplinary training and research plans with the beneficiary universities
• Enhance staff quality and quantity at the beneficiary universities in the field of natural resource management and (eco‐)tourism
• Improve curriculum and training approaches at the beneficiary universities
• Supervise research and improve research skills at the beneficiary universities by introducing interdisciplinary demand‐driven action research
• Help establish sustainable financing mechanisms at the beneficiary universities
Enhance institutional networking and coordinating capacities at the beneficiary universities and associated institutes